We are looking for a highly motivated Team Lead with a proven track record in project management, client management, and experience leading a dynamic team. The successful candidate will support the management team, which is focused on ambitious business growth and will be expected to take ownership of their area of responsibility. They will be responsible for the delivery of key projects, on time and within budget, while meeting the high-quality expectations of TWi clients.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage a team that delivers a variety of projects ranging in scale and complexity, coordinate with clients, and report to senior management. Effective client relationship management skills will be critical to success, as will the nurture and development of team members.
The Team Lead internalises and acts as an ambassador, internally and externally, for company values and vision.
TWi is an exciting high-growth company. We are a team of technical content creators and consultants supporting leading technology and life sciences companies to create the ideal end-user experience for their internal and external clients.
As knowledge transfer professionals, we are experts in:
- Technical Writing
- Translation and Localization
- Technical Writing Training
- SAP Enable Now Content Services
- Technical Writing for Emerging Technologies
We are focused on making it easy for our clients to work with us. Whether we’re working on Instructions for Use for a medical device, process documentation for developing life-saving drugs, or an online help system for a software application, we guarantee high-quality results and timely delivery. Our expert teams support clients in improving operational efficiency, sales, customer satisfaction, reducing human/user error rates, and achieving their business objectives.
Cork, with remote and flexible working arrangements available
Tasks and responsibilities
The responsibilities listed here are intended as general guidelines. Other tasks may be assigned from time to time depending on business needs. Primary tasks include:
- Support the Business Development team in scoping client projects
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of departmental operations
- Coordinate project managers to ensure delivery of client projects are on time, budget and of the required quality
- Establish and maintain good communication channels with clients
- Provide clear, regular status reporting to internal and external project stakeholders
- Develop and manage a strong, cohesive team with an open communication culture
- Mentor and develop line reports
- Set and monitor clear team and project goals, delegating appropriate tasks and agreeing on deadlines
- Proactively support capacity planning and load balancing in collaboration with other departments/teams
- Adhere to and promote company-defined business standards within the team (including ISO, health and safety, employment, etc.)
- A third-level qualification (recognised university degree – bachelor level)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- At least five years’ practical experience in a coordination or team lead role
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Strong presentation, relationship-building, and communication skills
- Strong client management, with a focus on client satisfaction
- Ability to build and coordinate highly productive teams from diverse disciplines, cultures, and organisations
- Strong planning and organisational skills – can allocate time and resources appropriately even when faced with multiple demands and competing priorities
- Proven leadership and motivational skills
- Commitment to driving quality and continuous process improvement
- Consistently demonstrate empathy and sound judgement, with strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Occasional presence in the Cork office as required
- Ability to travel to client sites as required
- Ability to manage remote teams
- A business growth mindset with an understanding of how decisions impact the business
- Recognised project management qualification coupled with large and small project experience
- Practical experience of working in a technical writing/e-learning/instructional design environment
- Good understanding of documentation concepts and best practices, including information design and structuring principles
- Knowledge and awareness of industry trends
- Experience working with the pharmaceuticals industry
Friday, 11 December 2020