We are offering a short-term contract in our Cork offices to graduates or junior technical writers/instructional designers to join our team for a courseware migration project. This is an ideal opportunity for those interested in technical writing to gain hands-on experience and a unique insight into how high-quality courseware is developed for one of our leading multinational clients. Internal training will be provided for tools, processes, and all relevant areas as required.
- Work with an existing team of writers to come up to speed on the required processes and subject matter areas
- Follow instructions as required to support other writers on assigned tasks
- Coordinate with team lead on task assignment and scheduling
- Take ownership of individual courses where required
- Work with the relevant subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure that the migrated courses are up to standard and accurate
- Excellent written and spoken English (to the standard of a native speaker)
- University degree in technical writing, e-learning, English, IT, or a related subject
- Ability to learn to use new tools and technologies as needed
- Detail-oriented with an interest in quality assurance and the ability to follow complex instructions exactly
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear, concise, and understandable manner
- High degree of flexibility and a willingness to learn new subject matter quickly
- Sense of responsibility and proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A positive attitude
Successful applicants will be offered a contract from September until the end of the year – with potential to extend beyond that into 2017.
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and two samples of their writing to email@example.com. Those applicants we wish to assess further will be asked to take a writing and editing test.