We are looking for experienced freelance technical writers/instructional designers to join our team for a specific client project. The client project supports a leading multinational to develop a wide range of innovative courseware for its software products. The multinational uses this courseware to train its employees, partners, and customers. Internal training will be provided for tools, processes, and all relevant areas as required.
Create and edit learning and training material for our client that is:
- Profiled and delivered in multiple formats to accommodate instructor-led training, virtual training, e-learning, and mobile learning
- Task-based and minimalist, following DITA standards
- Developed using a range of cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Based on input and sign-off from subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Composed of multiple formats, including text, graphics, interactive simulations (demos and exercises), audio, and animation
- High quality and focused on clearly defined learning objectives and information needs of the audience
- Excellent written and spoken English (to the standard of a native speaker)
- University degree in technical writing, e-learning, English, IT, or a related subject
- At least three years’ practical experience of working in a technical writing/e-learning/instructional design environment, preferably in the IT industry
- Sound knowledge of instructional design theory and authoring systems (ideally to include structured XML/DITA) and the ability to learn to use new tools and technologies as needed
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear, concise, and understandable manner
- High degree of flexibility and a willingness to learn new subject matter quickly
- Sense of responsibility and proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Facilities in place, and the discipline required, to work from home
- A positive attitude
- An opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking organisation with a global reach and an open and communicative culture
- The ability to work from home
- A high degree of flexibility in terms of working hours
Successful applicants will be offered a contract from September until the end of the year – with potential to extend beyond that into 2017.
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and two samples of their writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those applicants we wish to assess further will be asked to take a writing and editing test.