TWi is an exciting, high-growth, and award-winning company based in Cork. We deliver outsourced, business-to-business technical writing, editing, and documentation solutions. Our team-members work primarily with clients who are involved in software and hi-tech product development on deliverables such as training material, e-learning, technical guides, user manuals, and online help.
SERVICE DELIVERY TEAM LEAD
We are looking for a new lead to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will report directly to the Service Delivery Manager. As team lead, they will help ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration, and manage projects with multiple assigned resources.
Select ‘read more’ to find out about our current vacancy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be expected to work independently, as well as coordinate efforts with and report to senior management stakeholders. Client relationship management will form an important part of this role, as will employee line management and development. Project assignments will range from developing suites of courseware for leading multinational software products to creating stand-alone user manuals. Projects will also include development and roll-out of internal process improvements. Initial training will be provided for tools, processes, and all relevant areas as required.
- Manage assigned projects (internal and external), ensuring deliverables produced are of high standard and delivered in a timely manner
- Control project schedules and budgets, maximising efficiency
- Establish and maintain good communication channels with clients
- Provide clear, regular status reporting to internal and external project stakeholders
- Develop and manage strong, cohesive teams with an open communication culture
- Mentor and develop full team of line reports, both within and outside functional teams
- Set clear team and project goals, delegating appropriate tasks and agreeing deadlines
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Establish quality controls within each project (internal and external)
- Coordinate and lead team training on new tools and processes as required
- Assist the Service Delivery Manager in managing and promoting continuous process improvement efforts
- Third-Level qualification in technical writing, English, IT, or a related discipline
- Excellent written and spoken English
- At least two years’ practical experience in a coordination or team lead role
- High quality broadband connection and other required infrastructure to support working from home (however, note that a regular presence in the Cork office is expected)
- Can manage multiple projects independently, with minimal guidance needed from senior management
- Strong presentation, relationship-building, and communication skills
- Strong client management and negotiation skills, with a focus on client satisfaction
- Ability to build and coordinate highly productive teams from diverse disciplines, cultures, and organisations
- Strong planning and organisation skills – can allocate time and resources appropriately even when faced with multiple demands and competing priorities
- Good leadership and motivational skills, can act as role model for team
- Good working knowledge of commonly used authoring tools, willing to learn new ones when required
- Understands and keeps up to date on industry challenges, research, and trends, demonstrating an ability to develop strategies to capitalise on associated business opportunities
- Commitment to driving quality and continuous process improvement
- Can peer-edit content with reference to style guides when required
- Can rapidly identify key issues in complex scenarios and overcome obstacles
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, complete our recruitment form and upload your CV. Alternatively, send a copy of your CV and two samples of your writing to email@example.com. Applicants we wish to assess further may be asked to take a writing and editing test.
If you feel you’re the kind of candidate we’re looking for at TWi, let us know.
Here’s an outline of the steps involved in applying to work with us as a writer:
- Contact is established between potential candidates and TWi.
- We request a CV and writing samples from the candidate.
- If the CV and samples are acceptable, we schedule a writing test.
- If the candidate performs well in the writing test, we schedule a face-to-face or phone interview with them.
- If the candidate performs well in the interview, we add them to our pool of qualified writers.
- Once the candidate is added to the pool, we start to match them with suitable clients and projects – either as an employee or freelance resource.
We look forward to hearing from you!